Just like our bodies, our hair needs special attention. It needs to be cleaned, detangled, styled, gently dried and moisturized. Taking care of your hair can be much more complicated than you think, especially when it is textured (wavy, curly, frizzy or frizzy). Hair can have different natures: oily, normal or dry. It is also possible to have oily roots and dry ends, even very dry, one does not prevent the other! Today we explain how to take care of your dry hair and all our tips to approach a shiny and soft hair!
Why do we have dry hair?
Our hair is subject to the vagaries of life and, a bit like our skin, it is subject to external aggressions every day! Sun, rain, pollution or sea water are all elements that can damage it. Not to mention the things we do to it ourselves: very irritating and drying shampoos, heating appliances (hair dryers, straighteners), coloring, bleaching, dry shampoos, ... All these things combined end up altering the condition of our hair by destroying the keratin that surrounds it and by altering the protective scales of the hair. Keratin is a protein naturally present in the human body. It is found in our skin, our nails, our hair and our hairs. It makes up 85% of the hair and its role is to protect it, make it shine and strengthen it. However, when it is damaged, it breaks and the hair is exposed. It becomes thin, brittle and is no longer protected. Fortunately, we can remedy this problem by taking oil baths, care treatments and choosing the right products to take care of our hair, such as a gentle shampoo and a moisturizing conditioner for example!
Which oil to use to have beautiful hair?
The best oils to use to have beautiful, moisturized, supple and healthy hair are natural and organic vegetable oils, if possible virgin and pressed or cold extracted. These two methods of extraction are the oldest that exist and consist of pressing a paste or dried fruit until all the oil is extracted. With these two methods of extraction, the oils are not heated at any time and therefore retain all the advantages! As for the rest, we speak of virgin oil when the oil has not undergone any chemical treatment. Virgin oils are completely pure and natural whereas refined oils contain solvents for example. From a nutrient point of view, virgin and natural oils contain :
- phytosterols, vegetable fats
- vitamins (A, D, E, K, ...)
- fatty acids
- antioxidants, fight against white hair and restore shine.
The most famous oils for hair are castor oil, coconut oil, avocado oil and argan oil. But there are still many others! The best thing to do is to compare their virtues and use the ones that will bring you the most benefits. For example, castor oil is ideal for scalp care because it is soothing and helps hair growth. Sweet almond oil is perfect for brittle, dry, dull and damaged hair. It restores shine to the hair, nourishes and protects it! It is an oil with multiple virtues, very interesting for all types of hair, especially colored hair which is often damaged and dry. Do you have an oily scalp due to an overproduction of sebum and very dry ends? Adapt your care products to your needs! A vegetable oil for the roots and one for the lengths and you're done. The best part? Use synergies of plant oils to combine the benefits!
What type of oil not to use on hair?
As far as oils that are not recommended for hair care are concerned, mineral oils cannot be ignored! Fatty bodies derived from petroleum, they are used in many products (hair and body) to moisturize, provide flexibility and fight against dryness. They are often found under the pretty name of "paraffinum liquidum", "cera microcristallina", "mineral oil" or "synthetic wax". The problem? They are not really moisturizing but rather occlusive for the skin and hair. They prevent water from evaporating from the tissues and they do it in an excessive way. They even end up blocking the flow of sebum, a natural moisturizer for the skin and hair... On top of that, they don't provide any nutrients or vitamins! Not to mention that they are not at all ecological or compatible with our hair. In short, we must absolutely leave them aside!
How to use Kadalys precious oil for your hair?
Our precious nutritive oilis a natural nugget that will bring nutrition, hydration and protection to all hair types, including fine hair! This oil is made with 100% natural ingredients and contains 29.6% of ingredients from organic farming. Its composition includes a cocktail of precious and dry vegetable oils that will not leave a greasy film:
- green tea oil, rich in fatty acids (omega 6 and 9), it nourishes and regenerates hair in depth while restoring tone and strengthening the ends
- avocado oil, nourishes, repairs, strengthens the hair fiber and stimulates hair growth, it is also an anti-pollution oil
- jojoba oil, nourishing, protective and revitalizing for the lengths and ends
- sunflower oil, fights against hair dehydration.
Among the ingredients we also find the bio-active green banana, rich in fatty acids, it moisturizes in depth. This oil is perfect for repairing damaged hair!
- It can be used as an oil bath, for this you just need to apply it to the lengths of your hair, massaging it well to make sure that the oil reaches every corner. Then leave it on for at least half an hour and proceed with your usual gentle shampoo.
- It can be used as an after-shampoo treatment, on dry or wet hair. Apply to the ends and lengths.
- You can also use it on vacation after sun exposure to repair damage caused by UV rays, coat and shine the hair fiber.
A 2-in-1 skincare product, it can accompany you anywhere to take care of your skin and hair! Its floral fragrance is refreshing, an essential all year round.
Our expert tips for making an oil bath for your hair
Oil baths are surely the best thing you can do to deeply moisturize your hair! You can choose to apply a single oil or several. You can also choose to do local treatments, just for the scalp or more for split ends. The trick is to find organic plant oils that fit your needs! We give you some ideas:
- Hair with dry ends and irritated scalp: mix two tablespoons of castor oil or black cumin oil with a few drops of true lavender essential oil and apply this mixture to your scalp. For dry ends, use sweet almond oil. Leave your oil bath on for an hour or two and then wash your hair, rinsing it properly to avoid heavy, greasy hair.
- Dry and dull hair: mix two tablespoons of wheat germ oil with two tablespoons of argan oil. Apply to the hair and leave on for a few hours, then do your shampoo.
- Frizzy and curly hair: use vegetable oils of coconut, castor, olive, argan or shea butter or mango! Leave on overnight if you can and rinse out in the morning. Softness and crazy smell guaranteed!
The possibilities for oil baths are almost endless. Test several recipes, treat yourself and if you prefer simplicity, you can use our hair & body care oils!