Kadalys is almost 10 years of adventure and a vision of beauty that has not changed! Clean products with uncompromising compositions, cosmopolitan and eco-responsible beauty, sunny scents and ever more innovative active ingredients. Since the creation of Kadalys, we have developed three bioactives with our flagship ingredient, banana. Yellow, green and pink banana bioactives are present in all our products. For us, the banana is an extraordinary fruit that has as many health benefits as it does skin benefits. Today, we are looking at the virtues and benefits of the pink banana, and we can tell you that it has a lot of them!
Where does the pink banana grow and where does it come from?
The pink banana tree, also called Musa Velutina, is a rather small and hardy species of banana tree that belongs to the Musaceae family. Native to the Caribbean and South America, it is now found almost everywhere. Its particularity is that it is rather easy to maintain in life, as much to say that it makes the happiness of the people who do not have the green thumb! Cold temperature to room temperature or even hot, it survives everything and can even enjoy indoors. Taste wise, it is a soft, sweet and creamy banana.
Our pink banana, like all the bananas we use in our products, comes from Martinique or Guadeloupe! To stick to our charter which advocates eco-responsibility, we have chosen to work with banana varieties from sustainably managed resources. As for the pink banana, we buy it from a Martinique producer from whom we recover all the bananas deemed unsaleable! Thus, we support a responsible French production that protects the environment and local communities.
What are its nutritional values?
All varieties of bananas are very good for your health! They provide the body with a lot of nutrients and trace elements such as vitamin B6, potassium, manganese, selenium, vitamin B9, magnesium and fiber! It is an excellent fruit to be consumed without moderation, especially if you have intestinal flora problems or if you are prone to cardiovascular diseases. To take advantage of all its benefits, it is preferable to eat ripe bananas!
There are different kinds of bananas that can be eaten cooked, raw or in cakes! Plantains, for example, are larger than traditional yellow bananas and can be eaten cooked, like vegetables. Plantains are an excellent source of carbohydrates, fiber, potassium, vitamins and magnesium.
What are the benefits of pink bananas on the skin?
As we have seen, the nutritional values of ripe bananas are quite impressive on health. And well for the skin, it is the same! The pink banana is considered to be a super antioxidant, a radiance booster (unifies and reduces pigmentation spots) and a quality anti-aging. It has been used in the Caribbean region of America for hundreds of years for its full body benefits. All of these reasons prompted us to embark on more extensive testing in order to create a pink banana-based active. And after months of research, we did it! You can find this organic-active ingredient in the micellar gel with pink banana and enjoy the green banana thirst-quenching eye mask (limited edition). It is used for its high concentration of phytosterols, which help slow down skin aging and help the skin to firm up, but also polyphenols, which block free radicals and protect cells from oxidative stress. In more concrete terms, it will act on the skin by plumping it up to reduce the signs of fatigue but also of ageing and will unify the complexion by giving it radiance!
The pink banana is a real jewel of natural cosmetics which also acts on the healing of the skin and on pigmentary spots. Its content of omega 6 and 9 is great for all skin prone to inflammation (eczema, acne, dermatosis).
To enlighten you a little more, we give you all the benefits of our pink banana bio-active just below!
Kadalys R&D on the pink banana
Before filing an anti-spot patent on the pink banana, we conducted relentless tests to discover all its properties and virtues. From the banana peel to the flesh, everything was reviewed and we concluded that the pink banana is a fruit rich in benefits that combine effectiveness, naturalness and sensoriality!
- The pink banana has a high content of amino acids, which allows it to bring elasticity to the skin but also to have an anti-aging action.
- It has a depigmenting action. It fights against spots due to the sun or skin aging. It is even considered to be more effective than vitamin C on this subject!
- It has a high concentration of arginine, one of the 20 amino acids that make up our proteins. This high arginine content makes it an ally of the skin healing process since it stimulates the production of collagen.
- It has an antioxidant power 4500 times more powerful than argan oil and 3000 times more powerful than grape seed oil!
- It is rich in trace elements, essential for the proper functioning of the body and the skin. Among them are potassium, moisturizing and healing by its help in the process of cell regeneration, and magnesium, anti-bacterial and antiseptic, useful in case of acne because it regulates the production of sebum.
- It is an excellent source of vitamins! It provides vitamins A, C, B6 and D, which are among the most important for the skin. These vitamins delay the aging of the skin and protect it from sun damage. They are very useful to limit the risks of skin cancer by fighting against the harmful action of UV rays with the help of free radicals.
- It is a fruit rich in rutin. Rutin is part of the plant pigments that have many positive effects on the body and the skin. Antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, vasoprotective, and unifying, they support the skin.
All the benefits of the pink banana are incredibly helpful in maintaining healthy skin! Of course, all our bio-actives are 100% natural, without GMOs, allergens, preservatives, toxic substances or pollutants. We offer you the best of nature, without compromise!
For more information on the pink banana organic-active, and to find out in which Kadalys product it can be found, please read its ingredient sheet.