To take care of our hair and to have a soft, shiny and split ends free hair, we are able to try all possible and imaginable shampoos and treatments. We can already assure you that conventional shampoos are not the best (sulfates, surfactants, mineral oils, PEG, ...). The same goes for conventional conditioners or moisturizing masks! The best thing? Turn to organic products without irritating ingredients and potentially dangerous for health. By organic products we mean gentle shampoos, conditioners enriched with vegetable butter and oils and oil baths. In short, everything you need to take care of your hair naturally!
When is it necessary to do an oil bath for your hair?
Anytime! Oil baths are highly recommended to maintain already moisturized and nourished hair, but they are also recommended if you have matted hair. We think, often wrongly, that an oil bath should be done when the hair is very dry or even very damaged when in fact it should be done well before! Pampering your hair beforehand helps prevent it from becoming damaged quickly. Subjected to external aggressions, just like our skin, it must endure sun, pollution, sea water or rain. Not to mention heating appliances and colors! As a result, the protective scale of our hair (keratin) is damaged. We end up with dry, dull, damaged and brittle hair. Adding oil baths to your hair routine can only be a good idea. Either you help your hair stay healthy or you help it regain its lost beauty. The best part about oil baths? They can be adapted to all hair types! Each oil has its own virtues and qualities, you just have to determine your needs and find the one that suits you.
What are the benefits of the oil bath?
Organic oils for hair care are products with multiple virtues! Whether you take them pure, in synergy or designed by brands, like the one we offer, you will find all the fat and vitamins your hair needs. Organic and natural virgin oils are unprocessed oils rich in
- vitamins of all kinds (A, D, E, K)
- essential fatty acids (omega 3, 6 and 9)
- phytosterols, vegetable fats.
They will moisturize, nourish, repair, coat, shine, restore suppleness, activate growth, protect from the sun and pollution or soothe the scalp! Their benefits are as wide as their virtues and properties. On top of that, depending on your choice and the possible mixture you wish to make, you can cumulate the benefits. For example, if you mix castor oil with avocado oil, you'll get an oil bath that is ideal for the sensitive scalp and that is also strengthening, moisturizing, stimulating for hair growth and protective. And that's just by mixing two vegetable oils... Imagine if you mixed four or five! To give you some ideas, here are the benefits of the most famous oils:
- Castor oil: rich in omega 3, it stimulates hair growth and soothes irritated scalps, it is also fortifying and restores volume to hair.
- Almond oil: moisturizes, soothes, restores shine and nourishes hair.
- Argan oil: repairs and restores shine to the hair, it is also nourishing and antioxidant.
- Olive oil: boosts growth and restores shine, repairs broken ends and calms irritated scalps.
- Coconut oil: protects, nourishes, soothes and repairs dry and tired hair.
- Shea oil: moisturizes, nourishes and strengthens.
Which oils to use for a hair oil bath?
There are several choices for making an oil bath: use pure quality oils (sweet almond, argan, shea, ...), oil synergies or an oil for hair like one of those available in our range of oils & lip balms. All vegetable oils have virtues for the skin and hair. A vegetable oil can therefore be used for a face and hair mask at the same time. If you already have it in your kitchen, like coconut or olive oil, it's even better! Make do with what you have if you don't want to invest in a specific product.
Speaking of 2-in-1 products, discover our precious organic nutritive oil! It can be used on the hair and on the body. It is suitable for oily to normal and fine to medium hair. Among the key ingredients are our fortifying, regulating oils with an extra dry, non-greasy finish: green banana oil, sunflower oil, avocado oil, jojoba oil, rose hip oil and green tea oil. The precious oil nourishes, strengthens and repairs the hair in depth. The hair is shiny and supple!
You can also discover our organic radiance oil, ideal for dull and devitalized hair, medium to thick, it contains precious ultra nourishing and repairing oils: yellow banana oil, sunflower oil, buriti oil, roucou oil, olive oil and muscat rose oil. Radiance oil brings moisture and shine to hair while repairing damage caused by sun exposure. A winter and summer ally!
Our steps to make an effective oil bath
Nothing could be easier than making an oil bath! All you need is a few materials: a bowl (if you want to make mixtures), teaspoons and tablespoons, vegetable oils and a charlotte or scrunchie to hold the hair during the application time. To make a proper oil bath, you need to start by analyzing your hair's needs<. Is it dry? Is it dull? Is it oily? Does it have trouble growing? Know that you may have several concerns! It is possible to have oily hair on the scalp and dry hair on the lengths for example. Once you have analyzed your needs, all you have to do is choose the oils that suit you. We give you some examples:
- For dull hair: mix two tablespoons of broccoli or argan vegetable oil with a little olive or coconut oil. You can add a few drops of Roman chamomile essential oil if you like, it's perfect for restoring shine!
- For hair that regresses too quickly: an oil bath with only jojoba oil to be applied to the scalp before shampooing! It is sebo-regulating for the skin and hair.
- For dry, brittle hair: mix two tablespoons of sweet almond oil with one tablespoon of castor oil or mustard oil.
To maximize the benefits of your oil bath, there are a few tips and tricks!
- Remember to take your oil bath in the early afternoon so you can leave it on for several hours, or even overnight. The longer you leave it in, the more the active ingredients will be able to penetrate and heal your hair.
- To ensure that your hair receives the full benefits of the oils, remember to leave your oil bath on with a warm towel over your hair. The heat of the towel will open the hair scales and allow the active ingredients to work properly. To rinse your mask and wash your hair, use organic and natural care products! Without irritating ingredients, they are gentler on the hair.
- Last tip: when you rinse your conditioner or mask, don't rinse it out completely. If you keep a little bit of product on your hair, it will stay moisturized longer!
If you don't want to make masks but rather trust the professionals, don't forget to check out our organic oils! They are perfect for moisturizing hair whether it's wet or dry.